Fall is probably my favorite season– the weather is cool, but not cold, the leaves are gorgeous, and the mosquitos are gone! If college football wasn’t such a huge deal in the south and with my family and friends, I would have definitely gotten married in the fall months.
This fall-inspired cocktail is perfect for upcoming parties you may be hosting (even as a signature wedding drink if you’re lucky enough to be married in the fall) or just for some bonfire sipping. I love hot apple cider, but this chilled out version may be even better. Especially for the early months of fall when you aren’t freezing yet! Introducing my Spiced Apple Bourbon Cocktail! My husband calls this “Fall in a Glass.” I think I like his name better!
The main liquor is bourbon, but I also like to add a little bit of cinnamon-flavored whiskey (like Fireball) for some more flavor.
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1/2 oz. cinnamon whiskey
- 4 oz. fresh pressed apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine bourbon, cinnamon liquor, and apple juice into a shaker. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over ice in a tall glass.
- Top with a small dusting of all spice and cinnamon.
- Serve in a larger glass (like a mason jar).
- Make sure you used fresh pressed apple juice or cider-- NOT from concentrate!